Great Lakes Eye Institute combines the precision and microsurgical techniques of ophthalmology with the aesthetic and reconstructive concepts of plastic surgery. Oculoplastics is a field of specialized skills and procedures that we offer to our patients.
Common procedures performed include…
- Cosmetic and functional eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) upper and lower
- Brow lift
- Repair of tear duct obstruction
- Reconstructive surgery for eye structures damaged by accident or disease
- Correction of changes from Graves’ disease
- Orbital tumors and fractures
- Aesthetic enhancements
Oculoplastic surgery is performed on adults as well as children to correct and treat disorders from the most common to the rarest of conditions. The specialists at Great Lakes Eye Institute offer cosmetic procedures as well to correct abnormalities around areas of the eye, remove growths, rebuild critical ocular structures and to aesthetically enhance appearance..